which package provides "equery"

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Nov 9 03:49:57 UTC 2006

Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If SO, is there equivalent on
> Ubuntu?  It is used to check whether a package is already installed.

Stephen, you don't seem to understand what we are telling you, I am afraid we are getting nowhere.

at first you asked if the package "equery" wasin Ubuntu, we told you how to search the Ubuntu repo, then we have seen that this pacakge is not in the Ubuntu repo because it relates to Gentoo package management, and Ubuntu is not based on Gentoo, but Debian.

Then you asked for an equivalent in Ubuntu, saying that the package equery in Gentoo was used to display the state of a given package, whether it's installed.
I have just told you how you can achieve he same in Ubuntu: aptitude show <package name>.

I don't understand why you don't understand... language barrier ??

--
Vince