Strange behavior in Ubuntu 6.10
Juan Carlos Becerra Irene
jcarlos10 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 19:19:12 UTC 2006
I'm a new Ubuntu user with not much experience using Linux (I used Fedora
before but not extensively).
I installed Ubuntu 6.06 and recently updated to 6.10.
The problem I have is this:
1. I'm working on a terminal (trying to set up subversion).
2. Then, when I try to open some applications they seem to open but after a
while they just disappear.
3. I run 'ps aux' from the terminal and I can see the applications running,
but nothing in the GUI.
4. When I restart the computer, everything works again.
5. Sometimes the problem is even worse because everything is freezed and I
cannot shutdown/restart the computer.
Has anybody had a problem like this before?
Any clue of what could be wrong with my system?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-users