Linksys WRVS4400N router

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Wed Nov 8 16:43:35 UTC 2006

I have an Ubuntu Dapper desktop (wired), Ubuntu Dapper laptop
(wired/wireless), a WinXP box (wired), and a WinXP desktop (wireless)
that I purchased this router for recently.

So far, I'm not impressed.  The Ubuntu laptop doesn't connect to it
wirelessly, and the win box can connect but can't see the other machines
in the network.

Due to numerous problems with the router config, Linksys is sending a
replacement, since each time I make any router config changes, none of
the machines can get out.

I'm wondering why the ubuntu laptop doesn't work at all (ipw2100
drivers), and why the win box doesn't see the other machines, but i'll
leave those questions until i get the replacement.  Just wanted the
group to know that this router might not be all that it is advertised to
be.