Firefox hangs intermittently in edgy

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Wed Nov 8 12:50:16 UTC 2006

> I had problems with Firefox intermittently freezing under Dapper, and
> I traced it to one of two plugins I had installed, mplayer or gxine (I
> never determined which one). If you are using either of these two (see
> about:plugins), remove them from the FF plugins directory and restart
> FF.
>
> If you need a plugin for playing audio/video media, the totem plugin works
> OK.
>
> HTH

I removed mozplugger and pligins for mplayer and replaced them with the
xine-plugin. Movie trailers on the apple site did no longer play but the
problem persisted. Firefox xompletely locked up my PC again with HD flashing
permanently. The only plugins I have now are Default Plugin, Shockwave Flash
and Java Plugin.

Switched to konqueror but I prefer FF (or should I speak in past tence???).
Other suggestions??
--

mvg/Alain

Alain Muls                                               Tel +32.2.7426340
Royal Military Academy                          Fax +32.2.7426472
Dep CISS-ASGE                                 alain.muls at telenet.be