Palm Pilot Setup

Richard Mancusi vrman49 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 03:27:35 UTC 2006

On 11/6/06, Wade Smart <wade at wadesmart.com> wrote:
> 11062006 2107 GMT-6
>
> I was just given a Palm M105. It has a serial connection and not a USB.
> I followed two tutorials in the Wiki but it didnt work.
> Is anyone using their palm with 6.06 and if so, what did you do?
>
> wade

I suspect there is a correct way and the following isn't it - but it works:

1. link the port to your pilot
    sudo ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/pilot
2. Set the permission
    sudo chmod 666 /dev/ttyS0
3. Set the sync location to /dev/pilot in your application (e.g. JPilot)

The above assumes your serial port is at ttyS0(that's a zero).   Could be
ttyS1, etc. - try it.  Note: I sync with JPilot.

good luck
Rich