Back to Windows...

Andy stude.list at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 4 18:43:31 UTC 2006

On 04/11/06, Roger Neth Jr <baypos at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried these commands and the following shows E: which I assume is a CD
> Drive.
This isn't windows. drives don't have letters! they have paths.
E means Error, its saying there was an error.

> rogern at edgy :~$ sudo apt-get install realplay
> Password:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Couldn't find package realplay

There is no package called 'realplay' in the official repositories
There is a realplayer but not in edgy.

> How do I tell what the drive assignments are as there aren't any drive
> letters on the Computer-file broswer?

This is Linux, we don't have drive letters.
your CD drive is generally not mounted unless there is something in it
(like a CD)
then it mounts it and this location ca be seen with 'mount', its
normally in /media

> Sorry for the newbie questions coming from Windows.
If you didn't ask questions how would you ever elevate your knowledge?

- Andy

--
DRM: Digital Restrictions Management -- learn about the dangers at