ACPI performance profile

Marco Mandl marco.mandl at gmx.at
Sat Nov 4 16:15:35 UTC 2006

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 23:18:57 +0100, Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> My bad. It's the cpufreq-applet I meant. But simply selecting it from the list
> of applets you can add to the panel could have made this clear in the first
> place.

This applet only shows me the current frequency which is always the
maximum.

I followed your proposal and placed
/usr/bin/echo ondemand >
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor in rc.local.

I did not change a thing. But I found the following in syslog:
localhost powersaved: enter 'speedstep_centrino' into CPUFREQD_MODULE in /etc/powersave/cpufreq.
localhost powersaved: Cannot load cpufreq governors - No cpufreq driver available

I have powersaved installed. Do I need any of the other cpufreq packages
installed, too?

> BTW: you might want to consider setting ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE=true

Thanks for this hint. But I have not found out what it does exactly.

/m