windows share and mount point

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Fri Nov 3 18:07:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 18:42 +0100, C.Strobl at dlr.de wrote:
> hi all,
> i hope a simple question:
> i have mounted a windows share in the filebrowser (via places/network
> server) and now i am looking for the mounted location in the file system
> because i want to access the share with the terminal. I don't find the
> mount point in the file system. Does anybody have a little hint?
> thanks and greetings from munich
If it was mounted automatically when you installed Ubuntu then it will
be one of the directories in /media

You can see where each partition is edited by looking at the
file /etc/fstab - but don't play with that unless you know what you're
doing.

Duncan

--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk