Is this a firestarter bug on edgy + power manager bug

Akshay Lamba akshay at lambaweb.com
Fri Nov 3 15:59:21 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Just did a fresh install of edgy on my laptop in order to move from 6.06
to 6.10. On installing firestarter (sudo apt-get install firestarter), I
couldn't find the icon on applications menu. However, the application
was working just fine when triggering it from a terminal window. On
checking /usr/share/applications/firestarter.desktop, I realized that
the line categories was missing. On adding that and refreshing gnome
panel I saw the icon come up, however, in the wrong category which I
then moved using the menu layout tool.

Also, post refreshing the gnome panel with killall gnome-panel, the
power manager icon moved out of the docking area and came up as a
separate window on my desktop. A reboot fixed that, however no menu
options on the window worked including close.

A quick Google didn't throw up any registered bugs for these issues. Has
anyone else seen them or reproduce them and give me feedback so that I
can then write up a bug report on it.

Akshay