Easiest way to burn video CDs and DVD movies?

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 13:34:54 UTC 2006

On 11/3/06, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the easiest way to burn video CDs and DVD movies in Ubuntu, so
> that they can be played on a normal DVD player?
>
> Gnomebaker still has burning video as an upcoming feature on the website.
>
> So can k3b do it?

I was just recently fiddling with this myself and I've had success
using a package called DeVeDe. It's in the repositories. I've been
using it to burn TV episodes in AVI format into one DVD for easier
viewing. It steps you through the process of adding the files,
converting them to the proper format and then creating an ISO file
that can be burned directly.

The options are basic, but it does the job. There's one bug I filed
[1] in which a needed package isn't marked as a dependency, but that's
easy enough to work around (just install the package).

Hope that helps.

[1] https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/devede/+bug/66196

-Eamonn