ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 26

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Fri Nov 3 07:26:11 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 07:38, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> Has anyone else had Firefox freeze?
>
> Art Edwards

Hi

I also have problems with firefox freezing from time to time (reported 3 times
with no succesfull responses). I had this problem with v1.5.0.1 and now also
with v2 on Dapper Drake. These intermittent freeze behaviour occured with and
without extensions/themes enabled. Sometimes it occurs when switching
desktops, sometimes when I close firefox, and sometimes just in between. 9
times out of 10, it returns to normal after 4-5 seconds, but the 10th time it
hogs the CPU and even waiting for several minutes will not bring the system
back. I have to force a reboot by pressing the ON/OFF button.

This is something that need to be addressed, so please some good advice!

Tx/Alain