Kopete wont load buddy lists from AOL etc..

Charles Malespin ubuntu.physicist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 17:06:36 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I would like to try out Kopete instead of gaim. I am using gnome, dapper
and I have installed all the KDE desktop. So when I open kopete and set
up my AOL account it makes the account and then shows an empty buddy
list in the kopete menu. I know people are online, but it doenst have
anyone listed. I also have my own screen name in my buddy list, so when
I try to reconnect with kopete it gives me the error

'You are not allowed to add yourself to the contact list. The addition
of "myscreenname" to account "myscreenname" will not take place.'

Anyone know what is causing all this? I would like to try kopete out,
but this seems like more trouble than its worth...
Thanks,
CM