Edgy on a Dell Latitude D820

Matthew Kuiken matt.kuiken at verizon.net
Thu Nov 2 15:50:18 UTC 2006

Matt Price wrote:
> Hi Guullermo,
>
> well, as I recall it was pretty straightforward.  I installed dapper in
> july and upgraded to edgy fairly early.  But I've since installed edgy
> from scratch on the old windows partition and there were pretty well no
> problems.

<snip>

> On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 22:21 +0100, Guill. Moreno-Socias wrote:
>>    As I am trying to install Edgy on a Dell Latitude D820 and Matt
>> Price has offered his help, I start a new thread.
>>    How have you managed to do it?
>>    Thanks in advance,
>>                                                             Guillermo
>> Moreno-Socías

Just wanted to make the two of you aware of the Laptop Testing Team.
There is already a description available for your laptop:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/DellLatitudeD820

Working with the person who is currently maintaining this page would
help tremendously towards adding all the steps and information needed to
set up the laptop well, and ensure that the data is available to the
next person who is installing.

Thanks,
-Matt