Why Rhythmbox instead of Banshee?

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 14:28:51 UTC 2006

On 10/29/06, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a fresh Edgy install and found that Rhythmbox is still
> included. I was instead expecting Banshee, in order to try it out.
> What worked against it?

by including Banshee to be the default, Sound Juicer and Serpentine
would also be removed, and can save the installer CD free space.

However, the developers of Rhythmbox is very active in Ubuntu.

It's a trade-off, of developers who provide an ambitious music player,
and yet another novell's apps included in main.

it's like including gstreamer-fluendo-mp3 and people will likely be
using it instead of ogg vorbis.

Regards,
Joel