Gaim

Francisco Borges f.borges at rug.nl
Thu Nov 2 13:25:51 UTC 2006

Hello Richard,

: On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 09:24PM -0500, Richard wrote:

> Are you running gnome desktop ?

Well, to be fair I must say:

- I am not running Gnome (anymore);
- but until very recently I was using Gnome at work, and even then I
  prefered Kopete to Gaim.

My reasons to prefer Kopete over Gaim were:

- Kopete could transfer files, with Gaim it failed;
- it is possible to change spell dictionaries with Kopete (without
  restarting it).

[...]

Honestly, I don't really base my choice of applications based on whether
they use GTK/Gnome or QT/KDE, I use what suits me best. For instance, I
used Konsole (for years) and k3b under Gnome, and now while running KDE
I still use gqview, dia and gimp.

Cheers,
--
Francisco