[help!!!!!!] laptop

Vincent Arnoux vincent.arnoux at rfo.atmel.com
Thu Nov 2 10:03:29 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 2 novembre 2006 09:08, Beinan Li a écrit :
> thx,
> absolutely every time,
> i think i've risked my life by reproducing it 4 times....
>

> beinan

Hi,
It also happened to me the first time I have installed Dapper. The issue came
from the system thinking that the battery was empty.
I had to run a complete battery loading cycle with the system on for the
battery to get calibrated: leave the system plugged in under Ubuntu until
your battery is completely loaded.
I did the trick meanwhile to remove in the power management settings the
option "Power off when battery is critical", but that didn't help to
calibrate the battery.

Vincent