Amarok and other sound problems

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Thu Nov 2 01:10:01 UTC 2006

Daniel T. Chen spake thusly on 11/01/2006 02:52 AM:
> Scott wrote:
>>> If we ask really nice can it be a "serious" but so that we don't have to
>>> wait *six months* for it to be fixed? ;-)
>
> The disconnect changes that are required in the kernel are much too
> invasive for an LTS release. I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing them
> into Dapper's linux-source even if the work required to backport them is
> only a week's worth.

I apologize. In my case I was speaking of Edgy and not Dapper.

>>> And BTW. THANK YOU.  I don't know where you came from, but I've never
>>> gotten responses so quickly from somebody with an ubuntu.com address
>>> till I happened upon you recently.
>
> ubuntu.com addresses are given to Ubuntu members who request them (I
> only happen to be core-dev, too).

I didn't word that very well. I should have just said Ubuntu developers,
rather than "people with ubuntu.com addresses.

>>> Now if we could just get an Ubuntu person to hang out in
>>> ubuntuforums.org, that would *really* rock.
>
> A number of Ubuntu developers check the forum from time to time, but our
> primary means of communication currently remains mailing lists.

This is true (hence my mention of it). :-)

Thanks.

--
	Scott              |            Ubuntu.
http://angrykeyboarder.com |  computer-savvy) Human Beings.