CD/DVD Burner Not Working--Very Odd Behavior

Josh Stegmaier josh.steggy at gmail.com
Wed May 31 19:03:35 UTC 2006

This absolutely has to be a problem with Ubuntu. I put a new drive in about
a week ago (haven't had a chance to test my old drive yet in order to see if
it will work in another computer), and now it's messed up to. The weird
thing is, one day it can read everything and burn CDs, the next day it can
read absolutely nothing--except, strangely, the Breezy Installation and Live
CDs I have. If Windows had screwed up my drive, and then only let me read
Windows install discs, I'm sure people would have no problem calling it
Microsoft being evil. So what is it with Ubuntu?