breezy - dapper upgrade broke wireless

hendrakieran ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed May 31 04:47:58 UTC 2006

ok, so it' been a while and no respond so far on my above post.. i
couldn't get my linksys usb wlan to work, and after searching the forum
and googling, i got to try a few suggestions, and still no luck and
ended up having my usb port became inactive (as in any usb device
plugged in to the port is not detected), i figured the usbcore suddenly
not loaded by default and after loading it manually (sudo modprobe
usbcore) still usb not working.. and my sound card was never detected
ever again since the breezy -> dapper upgrade... this had become too
much problem for me.. i was like in linux heaven when i'm in breezy..
so i said to myself: that's it! i'm not going to waste my time on
this.. and immediately toss out my old brezzy cd and reinstall it.. now
i'm back with good old breezy.. the graphic may not be as cool as dapper
but who the bloody hell care as long it works: i can surf the net again,
listen to my mp3, and watch those divx files, which fortunate for me,
were saved in the different partition so i was able to play around with
root partition. I have to admit that if drapper worked for me, it would
have been good thou, other than i like the new artwork alot, the
desktop gui was noticebly faster in responding than breezy.. looks like
i have to stay with breezy for now and forget about drapper, until the
next release of ubuntu 7.07 may be..](*,)

--
hendrakieran