Navigate to

Avraham Hanadari rufus at hanadari.net
Tue May 30 08:07:00 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 01:56 +0200, Florian Diesch wrote:
> Avraham Hanadari <rufus at hanadari.net> wrote:
>
> > While in the process of trying to install the downloaded file, however,
> > I was instructed to "navigate to the folder" and then key a command
> > line. I tried to write the path to where the installation file was, but
> > that didn't work. What is meant by "navigate to" and how is it done?
>
> You have to open a Terminal window. There you type
>  cd /the/folder/they/told/you
>

> "cd" means "change directory" (on unix-like platforms you often use
> "directory" instead of "folder")
>

>    Florian
cd was a command in DOS days. I used it now and this is what I got:
rick at DeepThought:~$ cd /rick
bash: cd: /rick: No such file or directory
rick at DeepThought:~$ cd /home
bash: cd: /home: No such file or directory
rick at DeepThought:~$ sudo cd /rick
Password:
sudo: cd: command not found
rick at DeepThought:~$