How to bind a tablet to a specific /dev/input/event

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at dnainternet.net
Sun May 28 17:22:01 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a Wacom tablet using the following setup:

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver        "wacom"
  Identifier    "stylus"
  Option        "Device"        "/dev/input/event1"          # Change to
                                                      # /dev/input/event
                                                      # for USB
  Option        "USB"           "on"
  Option        "Type"          "stylus"
#  Option        "PressCurve"    "20,0,100,10"
  Option        "KeepShape"     "off"
#  Option        "Suppress"      "2"
#  Option        "ForceDevice"   "ISDV4"               # Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

It seems that /dev/input/eventX is not fixed. Sometimes my Wacom works
as /dev/input/event1 and sometimes as /dev/input/event2, so I have to
change this in xorg.conf manually all the time. How can I get my tablet
to always be found at the same /dev/input/eventX?

Thanks a bunch,
Mats