Howto install DD without CD

danpre ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun May 28 11:37:49 UTC 2006

David Hart Wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 07:33:38AM +0000, alain.muls (AT) telenet (DOT)
> be wrote:
> >
> > I have a DELL laptop Inspiron 5100 on which I would like to install
> Dapper Drake. The problem is that the CD drive is not working anymore.
> How can I perform a clean install on this PC?
>
> There are several ways to install without a cdrom drive but I need a
> bit
> more info to be able to suggest a method.
>
> A few questions:
>
> What removable media can you boot from?
>
> How do you connect to the Internet?
>
> Do you have another machine from which you could copy files over a
> network connection?
>
> Do you have anything installed on your harddisk currently, and if so,
> what is it and how is it partitioned?
>
> --
> David Hart <ubuntu (AT) tonix (DOT) org>

I have the same problem: notebook with cdrom not working anymore, there
is no system on the computer; hard drive have 3 partitions: hdc1 ext2
10gb, hdc2 ext3 29gb and swap 1gb

I have 256 mb pen drive and 40gb external usb drive and access to
internet (static IP) and a few windows servers where I can store files.

Is it possible to install dapper?

--
danpre