CJK Chinese Japanese Korean Input Method configuration using SCIM in Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake - testing needed

Loïc Martin lomartin3 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 13:22:55 UTC 2006

This page is an attempt to become an easy and simple official method to
help any user set up SCIM in Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake :

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/InputMethods/SCIM/CJK_Chinese_Japanese_Korean_Input_Method_configuration_using_SCIM_in_Ubuntu_6%2e06_Dapper_Drake

It features screen captures and a step by step explanation, avoiding
technical details.

With Dapper soon to be released, I'd like this guide to receive as much
testing as possible so we can be sure users have an easy guide to set
SCIM input in Dapper.

At the moment, things are ok for CJK users under a CJK session (like
inputting Chinese under a Chinese session) but not for the rest of the
users (trying to write in Chinese in and English, Finnish or French
session for example).

Could you please try the described method and tell me if it works, if
there's part you don't understand or if there's mistakes?

I also need to find out how to revert the changes the easiest way - so
if you have any ideas, they're welcome.

Thank you!

Loïc