Wacom tablet wiki - testing needed

Loïc Martin lomartin3 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 13:11:31 UTC 2006

I've created a wiki page describing how to get wacom tablets working in
Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Wacom

It's aimed as a simple and quick way to have a tablet working, and to be
easy for non-programmers and newbies to Linux. It _won't_  advise kernel
compile or by-hand install of the  last linuxwacom drivers, because for
most users it's unnecessary. That mean it's won't work for the tablets
unsupported by 0.7.2, but hopefully most users have a tablet that is
covered by this version.

The wiki page also contains detailed instruction (with screen captures)
to explain how to set up Extended Devices in Gimp and Inkscape. That's
an information often asked in forums, and having screen captures help
the users visualise what they have to do and remember to do it (nothing
worse than describing how to use a GUI with just some help text :) )

I'm posting this because I'll be happy if some people could read it and
tell me what could be improved. The best would be to try to configure
Ubuntu Dapper following the guide and note the bug in my documentation
(hopefully none). I'll be interested by serial tablet users, and also
tablet pc users (I only have an Intuos 3 USB)

Thanks,
Loïc