Desktop cd and stuff like ndiswrapper-utils.

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri May 26 12:15:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 10:46:48PM -0400, Andrew Zajac wrote:
> I notice that ndiswrapper-utils, build-essential and linux-wlan-ng are not
> available on the destop cd.

This is not in fact correct; as of quite recently, we include these
packages in an apt archive on the desktop CD so that they can easily be
installed after installing the system to the hard disk. (If you leave
the CD in after installation, then you'll even get a popup dialog at
first login asking you if you want to launch Synaptic and scan the CD.)

Cheers,