Quit... bypasses the logout dialog

Michaël Van Dorpe michael.vandorpe at gmail.com
Wed May 24 20:48:47 UTC 2006

Recap of problem: System/Quit logs me out of Gnome instead of showing
logout/shutdown/reboot options.

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 22:05 +0200, Loïc Martin wrote:
> Could be that your user doesn't have the permissions to shut down the
> system. How to set that, I don't know.

I don't think that can be the problem, because when I
enable /apps/panel/global/upstream_session , I get the standard Gnome
shutdown dialogs, that let me choose between a regular shutdown, logout,
reboot, etc... It would surprise me if that setting could change
permissions. So, while I can enable the Gnome shutdown dialogs, I don't
find a way to get the one that is made for Ubuntu.

> Else, have you try right click on the deskbar, then Add to panel then
> try look for sthg (not on Breezy, so I can't check)

I'm not on Breezy either, but on Dapper. In any case, I don't think I
know what 'sthg' is.

Thanks everyone for helping to find a solution.

Michaël