Few things about Dapper

Santanu Chatterjee thisissantanu at gmail.com
Wed May 24 11:15:22 UTC 2006

Hi Everybody,

I just completed upgrading my Breezy system to Dapper.
Everything went fine, but the following problems are
bugging me:

1. Firefox 1.5.0.3 keeps crashing whenever I open the
    gmail web page and login. Also it crashes when I
    enter www.xilinx.com. I am now forced to use Opera which
    I don't quite like (Just doesn't seem to fit in with the environment).

2. A funny thing I noticed with the gnome-terminal. Do the
    following and you will see what I mean :
       Open a gnome-terminal and place it at the lower left-hand
       corner of the screen. Now use Ctrl+Shift+t to open a new tab,
       and then close that tab. Repeat this a few times and you
       will see how the terminal keeps growing upwards. Quite
       annoying.

Other than these, everything seems fine. But the second
problem above is really annoying me. Could you please
confirm if you see the same behaviour in your system as well.

Regards,
Santanu