dapper drake on ppc experience

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 23 17:40:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006 19:09:49 +0200
tchize <tchize at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Hi, why isn't this made available by default, bcm drivers are useless
> without firmwares. It's pretty pointless to provide them only half
> working. This is especially more frustrating in the fact they 'appear'
> to work.

My understanding is that Broadcom will not release the firmware for
distribution. So, legalities stop this from being supplied by Ubuntu.

If the firmware was distributable, it would be possible to have this "just
work" out of the box. There would be no need to jump through  hoops
as is currently necessary.

By all means complain to the people who are making this impossible ;-)

Peter
 --

"Hyperlinks subvert hierarchy."

-The Cluetrain Manifesto