Orwell 0.1 beta 1 released!

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Tue May 23 11:36:06 UTC 2006

I hope you should not bash the contributors. This is in fact a proposed
concept in GNOME 3.0,  See ThreePointZero<http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero>

* Proposal: 'Instant apply' saving of documents as you edit,

On 5/23/06, Todd Slater <dontodd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/22/06, The Wiz <me at kbrooks.ath.cx> wrote:
> >
> > Orwell differs from gedit in that it does NOT use the filesystem
> > like some text editors (such as gedit) do. Making people use the
> > filesystem for saving and opening is bad because it is not very usable.
> > I should put in a link to the screenshots in my release
> > announcements. Anyway, the screenshots are at:
> > http://kbrooks.ath.cx/index.php/2006/05/20/orwell-screenshots/
>
> Huh, you mean I'm so stupid I can't figure out how to use the
> filesystem? Then how the hell do you expect me to check out the code
> from svn and build it?
>
> Todd

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a
hero must drink brandy." – Samuel Johnson