tweaking a new install

Ylan Segal ylan.segal at gmail.com
Mon May 22 19:10:16 UTC 2006

Paul O'Malley wrote:
> Jeremy J. Swarm wrote:
>
>> have you tried automatix?
>>

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> This thread should stop here (I hope) we have gone over this ground
> often enough.
> That program has broken many an install before, and if it happened to
> work for you great.
> However in irc.ubuntu.com #ubuntu we pick up the pieces. Proof is in the
> logs of #ubuntu.
>
> Please do not suggest to people that they could use this program, as I
> and some others say, what you do in the privacy of your own command
> prompt is fine for you, but please do not suggest something that causes
> people to reinstall on a regular basis.

What do you think of EasyUbuntu? Honest question, not a flame bait. I am
about to migrate my laptop to Ubuntu (I will probably will wait until
the official dapper release) and I it seems to me like the people over
in the forums like it a lot. How about you?

--
Ylan

"The universe is not required to be in
perfect harmony with human ambition"