Where are the kernel headers!?

Potto007 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon May 22 16:47:29 UTC 2006

> I am running 2.6.15-23-k7

> Boots my SATA

> Could be your setting?

> HTH

> Vram

Unfortunately, I don't think so... My config works fine with
2.6.15-19-386 (the newest kernel I have that works, lost 20 during a
fix attempt) And then again with all custom kernels I compile -- other
than from Ubuntu. If you look at the bug report, 22 and 23 didn't fix
the issue for everyone.... it is thought to be a driver issue, somebody
said it might be something backported from the 2.6.17 release
candidate.

Anyways, I'm hoping others come forward that are affected by this
problem.... as this would be the ultimate show-stopper for Ubuntu
Dapper. In my case, I run Dapper because Breezy required too much
tweaking just to *begin* installation on my ASUS laptop. Imagine
someone with a similar config, trying Breezy to no avail, and then
trying Dapper, with still no luck. That may be the one and only time
they try Linux...or at least Ubuntu.

Here's a link to the bug report related to SCSI boot problems :
http://tinyurl.com/lp789

-Paul

--
Potto007