Following FSF Philosophy?

Arjun Shankar arjunsha at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:59:32 UTC 2006

I saw this old video in which Richard Stallman talks about a
distribution called Ututo. Then I saw this article:

http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/05/03/1830230

Well, I don't really know if this is the right place to ask, but, I
have a question about how deeply Ubuntu follows the principles of
Freedom. Personally, I love the distribution! Never had one that was
better. But is Ubuntu "less" "free" compared to Ututo? As far as I
know, only free software is shipped on the CD, with the non free stuff
kept in the restricted section of the repositories.

Arjun Shankar