tweaking a new install

Loïc Martin lomartin3 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 22:58:42 UTC 2006

maxim wexler wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> Now that ubuntu(breezy) is up and running there are a
> few issues that have come up.
>
> I note the mouse can cut and paste in the X window OK.
> How do I get it to work in a console?

Ctrl-Shift-C or X or V (provider you're using a terminal under X)

> If I need to edit xorg.comf. How do I turn off X and
> restart it?

You can edit it under X. Save, then  Ctrl-Alt-Tab  to restart  X.
> In Realplayer how do I load *all* the mp3s in a given
> dir. The tools and file menu only allow for one song
> at a time.

If you want to listen to mp3, you'll be happier with something else.
Rythmbox is a default app. Else xmms or beep media player or banshee
(install them from synaptic after having enabled universe/multiverse. My
favourite is amarok.