*buntu Live DVD

Harijs Buss harijs at info-shelter.net
Sun May 21 08:51:42 UTC 2006

On Sunday, 21. May 2006 08:43, Brayn rakstija:
> thats a really good idea :), i've seen live dvd's with different distros on
> it, i bet someone could probly do it.

But in fact these are not different distros. You can, for example, add KDE
parts to ordinary Ubuntu and get combined Ubuntu/Kubuntu with both Gnome and
KDE.  Probably the same thing with Edubuntu. I would bet dollar against cent
that it is possible to form DVD (maybe several DVD's) containing, so to say,
universal Ubuntu with all available varieties inside as single distribution,
allowing choices at installation time. Yeah, it might be necessary to
distribute such thing on a harddisk instead of bunch of DVD's... :-)

The big question is, however, who will need it?  People who use KDE rarely (if
ever) switch to Gnome, probably also vice versa, etc. If somebody needs them
both he can easily install e.g. KDE in addition to ordinary Ubuntu. To show
Linux to Windows users, I would say simply use Kubuntu.

Harijs