gcc version used for dapper kernel?

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sun May 21 01:26:57 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-20-05 at 12:49 +0100, David Hart wrote:

> 'cat /proc/version' should show the compiler version for the running
> kernel.

Is there any detailed documentation on the /proc file system available
anywhere?  It looks like it could have a lot of really cool pieces of
information in there, but when I poke around in it I can't for the life
of me figure out how to use it.

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn

"To [the Chinese], all other people are barbarians." --The Dalai Lama