linux-restricted-modules-386

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Fri May 19 06:52:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 08:24 +0300, OOzy Pal wrote:

> I couldn't install this upgrade
>
> Restricted Linux modules on 386.
> This package will always depend on the latest restricted modules available
> for 386.
>
> I am getting this error:
>
> Linux-restricted-modules-386:
>   Depends: Linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-23-386  but it is not installable
>
> Any suggestions

Ah, right, I got the same thing. This is actually what led me to the
whole 386 vs 686 dilemma, and on safely uninstalling the older kernel.
My sixth-computer-sense tells me that this is risky business, and if
accidentally too much gets removed then I fear that Ubuntu might not
work very well without a kernel. :)

On your question, I just assumed that this is being worked on and the
package is currently not available.  I'll just wait until it reappears.

Cheers,
Chanchao