Newest Flash

Scott Abbey scott at wangfu.org
Fri May 19 04:07:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 10:51 -0500, Charles Malespin wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 16:22 +0100, dragonfyre13 wrote:
> > Works for me. It's just a script that replaces the flashplayer.o (or
> > something similar) in your firefox directory. It's just a plugin.
> >

> Ok, I installed it, but for some reason when I go to sites it still
> tells me that I dont have the newest version installed.  I went to
> about:plugins and it showed that I have both the new version and the old
> one(mozilla plugin) working.  Should I remove the old one, and if so
> how?  Thanks
> Charles

The newest version of Flash is 8. The most recent version available for
Linux is 7. According to Macromedia/Adobe, there will be a version 9
player for Linux shortly after 9 is released on other platforms. We'll
have to live with 7 for the intervening time; there will be no version 8
player for Linux.

The sites you are having problems with are most likely using version 8
of Flash. That's why you get the message about having an old version.
There's nothing you can do about it except be patient.

--
Scott Abbey <scott at wangfu.org>