launchpad/malone bug

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed May 17 13:54:07 UTC 2006

Karl Goetz wrote:

> Toby Kelsey wrote:
>> If I browse launchpad and look at the 'synaptic' package:
>>   https://launchpad.net/products/synaptic
>> there are some bugs shown in the right-hand side "Latest bugs in
>> synaptic:".
>>
>> But if I go to the "bugs" page:
>>   https://launchpad.net/products/synaptic/+bugs
>> it reports "There's no open bugs currently."
>
> http://launchpad.net/distrosubuntu/+source/synaptic/+bugs should be
> Ubuntus bugs on synaptic, and i agree, its not obvious.

Except that gets a 404 error.

>> So how do I view all bugs reported against synaptic?  How is someone
>> meant to confirm or fix a bug if they cannot find it?
>>
>> On the first page there is some inconspicuous text 'Product status:
>> Doesn?t use Malone', but when searching for bugs there is no message like
>> "malone/launchpad does not track bugs for synaptic" or a link to an
>> external bug-reporting page.

There was when I clicked on "Report a bug": "synaptic does not use Malone as
its bug tracker."

imo, _that_ is a bug.  Ubuntu apps should use the ubuntu bug tracker.  It's
up to the ubuntu packagers to push bugs upstream as required.  I'm glad I
don't use synaptic.
--
derek