evolution and thunderbird

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Wed May 17 10:17:56 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 12:44 +1200, Brendon wrote:
> i have found that evolution is much quicker than thunderbird,  have used
> them both in breezy, and evo in dapper,  i find evo  much better.
> and alot more better at doing multi pop accounts.
I think Thunderbird is great, but I started using evolution in Dapper to
learn about it. Now I prefer Evolution, it's come a very long way since
Breezy. My main reason for refusing to use it before was that I couldn't
export my address from Evolution to any standard format (I like to keep
a recent backup copy). Now I can export it as a vCard list.

Now I can also recommend it to people who use Outlook, and that's one
big reason why I wanted to learn how to use it.

Duncan
(Give it six months and see what you think...)