Help with setting up two sound cards: Dapper

Shelagh Manton oneida at tpg.com.au
Wed May 17 08:49:19 UTC 2006

Hello,

I want to use two sound cards, One for midi input (as it has a gameport)
and the other onboard one for general purpose uses such as using ekiga. I
used to understand how to do this using CCRMA (a fedora derivative) but I
am bewildered by the debian use of modules.d and update-modules scripts. I
understand the principles but the alsa-utils file in modules.d folder is
confusing. Could someone walk me through the process? Or point me to a
tutorial on the subject.

Shelagh