The os loading screen looks fine but in the os at user password prompt the screen is mainly yellow with squares

Peter H poida_00 at iinet.net.au
Wed May 17 01:24:36 UTC 2006

The os loading screen looks fine but in the os at user password prompt the
screen is mainly yellow with squares. So i asked a friend about this and he
said to use the linux geforce 6600 video drivers from nvidia.com, He then
told me when I get to that screen press ctrl alt - F1 and load the drivers.

>From then on I figured out how to find the driver from the cd and load it by
typing (sudo sh nvidia-linux-x86-1.0-8756-pkg1.run)

The file loads a setup but gets stuck on cannot find (binutils) so I look
around ubuntu.com and found binutils 2.16.1 file but I cant figure out where
it needs to be for the nvidia pkg1.run to see it to continue setup.