Flash plug-in : CPU salesman ?!

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 16 03:53:17 UTC 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 03:48:10 +0200
Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> > Suggestion: install the flashblock extension, and only click one at a
> > time!
>
> Sounds cool. So you mean, flash would be disabled by default whenever I
> visit a web site, and I can just click the ones I do want to see ?
> That's great (short of eradicating flash from the planet).
> But I don't see this plug-in for epiphany (I only see "Ad-blocker").
> Is it a firefox only plug-in ? :-(

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/433/

Yes, i suspect it is firefox only - although there might be a Mozilla
version, don't know...

You get a shiny grey arrow icon for each flash instance, which you click if
you dare ;-) I almost never click though. My opinion of sites that use
flash is unprintable....

Pity really, as some flash is worth seeing - but I wish sites would use
something else to achieve the result. I tried compiling "gnash" - but all
I could produce was blankness, although it installed fine. I'd be
interested to hear from anyone who gets Gnash working .

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnash/0.7.1

Peter
 --

"Hyperlinks subvert hierarchy."