sudo on dapper broken

C Hamel yogich at sc2000.net
Tue May 16 02:36:39 UTC 2006

On Monday 15 May 2006 19:47, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> I've just upgraded to dapper beta and I'm finding that sudo is not
> running things in /sbin and /usr/sbin anymore, unless I specify a full
> path. I do not have /sbin and /usr/sbin in my PATH and dont want to add
> it.
>
> This has also broken some things like the "System -> Administration ->
> Login Window" menu which tries to run gdmsetup under sudo. Since a full
> path is not specified, it fails to find gdmsetup.
>
> Is there an easy way to fix this in the sudo config? I looked in the man
> page but couldn't find anything.
Did your path statements get b0rked in the .bash_profile ...or worse,
yet, .bash_profile get accidentally deleted??  I upgraded from Breezy and had
some probs --but not the one you state ...although it did involve sudo-- so I
just d/l the Flight3 & went from there.

Perhaps this is an epidemic as others have had issues upgrading from Breezy.
It is *supposed* to be as easy as #apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
...assuming, of course, you replaced 'breezy' with 'dapper' in the
sources.list.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :-(

FWIW...
--