Alternative to LaTeX?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Mon May 15 20:07:21 UTC 2006

A couple of things I don't think got mentioned in this thread are:

* Texmaker: A FLOSS Latex editor similar to Kyle but faster (I'm
told). It has a good feature list including an integrated LaTeX to
HTML conversion tool. It looks good. Looks like it's a KDE app.
Texmaker doesn't appear to be in Ubuntu, even in univsere. URL:
http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/

* Hevea: This one is in Ubuntu. It's a complete LaTeX to HTML
converter, and looks quite good. URL: http://hevea.inria.fr/index.html