Change "Allow Flipping" and temp-monitor in nvidia-settings

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Sun May 14 17:52:34 UTC 2006

Two questions(/bugs?) about the NVidia-Settings program:

- How do you switch off "Allow Flipping" permanently? I can set the option
  in the program (in OpenGL Settings), but the change isn't recorded to
  .nvidia-settings-rc. When I type "nvidia-settings -q all" in a shell,
  this value isn't displayed as well.
- In the settings-program, the Thermal Monitor doesn't work. However, the
  value of the GPU _is_ displayed when queried in a shell (as above).

versions: Ubuntu 5.10, nvidia-settings 1.0

Are these known problems/bugs? Is a solution available somewhere?

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com