Streaming mp3 (and ogg) files to Apple Airport Express.

Tony K. tony.kruse at gmail.com
Sat May 13 00:43:22 UTC 2006

Found an application that allows streaming of mp3s (and ogg files)
from linux to the Apple Airport Express.

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

This allows the Airport Express to be located wirelessly in another
part of your house connected only to power and speakers to stream
audio from linux. I thought I would have to have iTunes to take
advantage of this feature, but this works...

http://raop-play.sourceforge.net/

I installed the debian package on Ubuntu Breezy.  Ubuntu does not have
libfltk1.1c102 and I had a little problem with the Ubuntu packages
conflicting and had to install the Debian stable versions of

libfltk1.1c102
libfltk1.1-dev
fluid