Trying to get teh ondemand power governor to work

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Fri May 12 16:15:18 UTC 2006

"Jamie Dobbs" <jamie.dobbs at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> If I wasn't on a system using sudo I'd simply su - to reoot and enter the
> command:
>
> echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
>
> How can i do similar on Ubuntu? I've tried
>
> sudo "echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor"
>
> but that just returns an error (which unfortunately I cannot recall at the
> moment and I'm not near my Ubuntu box).

sudo: echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor: command not found

> Can someone point me in the right direction as I know I should be able to
> do it but for sime reason my brain just can't work out how!!

sudo sh -c 'echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor'

   Florian
--
Emacs is both the hottest and the coolest editor of all.
[David Kastrup in  <85bquyk0y4.fsf at lola.goethe.zz>]