vim-gome half-installs

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Fri May 12 15:53:48 UTC 2006

Karl Auer wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 00:19 +0930, Karl Goetz wrote:
>> My desktop PC says the file it cant find is in libc6-i686 - can you make
>> sure you have this installed (i dont know how it can be missing btw)
>
> Because I have the default 386 kernels installed?
>
> Looks like maybe the package is 686 only.
>
> Regards, K.

Further to my last email, some more from the web:
Quote:
The good news is tat there is nto a bug. The user can recover. I would
recommend interactive troubleshooting if possible, but the basic steps are:
1) verify available disc space
2) check perl (`perl -v`)
3) purge all version of vim, and delete all vim version from the package
cache (/var/chace/apt/archives)
4) run `sudo apt-get -f install` to make sure there isn't an unrelated issue
5) try reinstalling

End quote.

Give it a shot, good luck :)
kk