Rhythmbox Quickstarter

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Thu May 11 08:37:38 UTC 2006

Le mercredi 10 mai 2006 à 19:55 +0800, Joel Bryan T. Juliano a écrit :

> will skip to 3 digits to 4 digits in just seconds, (i.e. 146, 300,
> 615....7814), and rhythmbox starts much faster.

Your mail has been forwarded on the upstream list, you can read their
reply:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhythmbox-devel/2006-May/msg00036.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhythmbox-devel/2006-May/msg00037.html

"...
Profiling with a warm disc cache doesn't show the time spent parsing XML
as significant. If the OP is using 0.9.3 from dapper, than startup time
will be mostly affected by things we've fixed, and things we can't fix

The script also makes the xml a little bit smaller, but I doubt that the
small amount of extra IO affects cold-cache startup time. If pulling the
xml file from disc is affecting our startup time, than gzipping it or
something is probably better.
..."

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher