network problem

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Wed May 10 19:30:48 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 18:54, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 May 2006 23:20, Dimitri Mallis wrote:
> >> hi list,
> >
> > Firstly, you have cross posted to three mailing lists. Please
> > don't do this, it's bad manners - three conversations will get
> > mixed up in three separate mailing lists and you will greatly
> > annoy a lot of people. Send three identical mails to three lists
> > instead.
>
> Ack!  I don't think so...
>
> Either send three different mails to three lists or choose one
> list.  Those of us who read through gmane news, and some with
> smarter list-handling email programs and filters, won't even see
> the extra posts if they're cross-posted.  There's nothing
> inherently wrong with cross-posting!

I stand corrected :-) In my defense it's an old habit

Three lists with different focuses probably warrants three
individually tuned requests. You're right about smart mailers too -
I'd set up kmail to recognise lists and it replies only to the one
that this folder applies to. Nice.

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za